I’m stoked to share this week’s topic with you – 7 steps to build self confidence. Confidence is a sexy trait to have and many people lack belief and trust in themselves. That’s why I’ve decided to share seven simple ways to help you build more confidence.
Have you ever been to a party, or noticed somebody at work or attended a networking event that seem to work the room effortlessly and draw people to them? That’s confidence in a nutshell. I’m not talking about cocky or arrogance, but rather owning and knowing one’s capabilities.
Just try it
I’ve struggled with confidence at times – we all can fall into the trap of not feeling enough. Whether we believe we’re not smart enough, fit enough, good looking enough, tall enough etc., it’s time to stop feeding your insecurities and boost up your confident beliefs.
7 Steps to Build Self Confidence
Here are my 7 steps to build self confidence:
- Fake it ’til you make it – the easiest way to start something new is to try. Even if you don’t believe you’re smart enough or pretty enough or have any chance at whatever task you’re trying to accomplish, fake it by pretending you are and can. Your mind will believe whatever you tell it.
- Straighten up – posture is everything. Stand tall, be proud. Look up and face those around you. Nobody wants to talk to a slouchy person who wreaks of insecurity.
- Turn it up – find that song that makes you feel like Madonna or Justin Timberlake (or whoever you think is rad). This song will pump you up and have you struttin’ around like you actually believe in yourself.
- Dress like the person you want to be – when you look good, you feel good and anything is possible. If you wear baggy clothes or never step out of athleisure, you probably feel a bit dumpy too.
- Try something new – it can be as simple as saying hello to a stranger. Bust outside of your comfort. You’ll realize you’re far more capable than you give yourself credit for and hey, you’ll become more confident too.
- Say thank you – learn how to accept a compliment. Whether or not you believe it, just say thank you. You might even start to believe in what others see in you.
- Repeat – practice makes perfect. The more you do these steps the quicker they become natural habits which makes for a more confident you.
Confidence is sexy. Own it.
Finally, believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
To listen in to the full episode, click below.